Climb aboard Pinch's train of thought. Free rides for unfettered minds to destinations unknown.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Treacherous Heart

Oh heart, why are you climbing into my throat today? Seeking escape, are you?

I have many things to do and many people to see. What shall they think of this load of tears your ardent perspiration has dropped into my eyes?

Why can I not hum a line without tears falling? Why can I not look at the sun in the clouds without tears falling? Why can I not see a flower without tears falling? Why can I not think of anything without tears falling?

Your betrayal is killing me. I know well why I keep you locked away. When I give you air and light, you suck up the sorrows of every being around you until you're nigh to exploding. What are you? Semipermeable? Only allowing anger, frustration, suffering and need to enter?

If only I could turn all that into love and emanate it back into the world, I might be a worthwhile being, but no…you and I have only figured out how to cry, useless lot that we are.

Let's stop this nonsense and do something. Crying gets us nowhere. Don't default to hatred, either. Let's keep looking for love, we will find it or die trying.

Remember this? Sad that it continues to be so pertinent, week after week, month after month.

Tender heart
Raging heat
Love laid down
At your feet.

Fear prevailed
You sent me aft
The fire died
For need of draft.

Fathoms devoid
Of simple joy
Flesh denied
Hope destroyed.

Ten long years
In exile cold
The need you feared
Carved out a hold.

A brigand black
Awaits you here
Will you retreat,
Consort with tears?

The magnitude
Of your remorse
Calls up the blood
To lift your curse.

Light the fire
And call the wind
Burn the past
Let’s start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment